Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Careless whispers!

"Time can never mend
the careless whispers of a good friend"

(full lyrics of Careless whispers - A mesmerising number of George Michael)

These lines are going thro' my head a lot lately. I am going thro' a situation where my renewing friendship with an old friend looks bleak. I have gotten all the signals from this friend that there is nothing to be revived of our friendship except may be a 'Hi/Bye' for the sake of acquaintance. I know that I am the one at fault even though it was not done intentionally. And btw, all these are my assumptions that such and such thing should have hurt her and hence this situation.

Talking about it, clearing the matter is a way most would suggest. But in this case(if it is that reason!)I am pretty sure that talking about it would only hurt her more. Have you gone through the feeling "if only it hadn't happened that way", "If only I could've reacted differently"? That one small act, however unintentional it was then, has ruined a good friendship! Ironically, I am the 'not forgiving/forgetting' kind and guess, I'm getting to know how it feels to be on the receiving end.

6 comments:

I said...

And I thought women were complicated. Dumb me.

mitr_bayarea said...

Aparna-

Can totally empathize with you as i have been in similar circumastances and mostly have had the fortune to re-establish the bond again. I would suggest that you leave this issue for the time being, not talk about it with ur pal, since you know that she is gonna get more hurt. Stop blaming and worrying yourself about it, instead try and begin with the hi/bye scenario first, however hard it may be for you and see how that goes. Time heals bad memories and if this one doesn't, then all you can tell yourself is that you tried your best, learnt something out of this and maybe she doesn't deserve to have a good friend like you has also the heart to ask for forgiveness and the willingness to try.

Good Luck!

Bala (Karthik) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bala (Karthik) said...

Mannikka therinjavan manusan
Mannippu kekka therinjavan periya manusan


Unga pangukku pesi pakkalame, avanga mannikkaraangala illa innum hurt agaraangala enbadhu oru pakkam irukkattum...

Me too said...

AAT, :(

Mitr, thank you! Only, if my efforts fail, I will be the one at loss not her!

B(K), thanks! 'Pesa dhaan vazhi illaye'. She seldom returns calls!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »